Old 08-12-07, 04:10 AM
cyclezealot

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
Anyone here ever had skin cancer.

We always hear, don't delay , see a doctor. I am one who tends to not go to a doctor. For starters, mostly don't have cause to go. But the last two summers, I have not been taking the sun or heat so well and I am on the bike probably 12-15 hours a week.
These past two summers my arms seem dyhydrated and itchy. Last year, these conditions existed, yet the problem just went away when summer was over. So I dismiss it as alergy to the sun or heat rash or something. I use plenty of sun screen and use hydrating creams all the time. I really put on thick coats of sun screen whenever I go out ..
So my sympton. Itchy , somewhat rough feeling skin. Couple depressions and couple elevated bumps that don't seem to have much mass. Either brown or rose colored. Not particularily irregular in shape.
Medical web sites do not mention melonomia to be itchy. Reason I think it heat rash or allergy, the itch. From my readings , itchiness not mentioned. I notice that itcy feeling sort of spreading to areas that are covered by my jersey. and why don't these conditions spread to my exposed legs.
Reason I dismiss it, last summer it went away. I'd hate to have to ride in long sleeve jerseys in the heat. ( A suggestion, maybe this forum should have a sports medicine thread.) Might be helpful.
appreciate knowing what your symptons were. Hate to take the time off the bike to make an appointment with a doctor. Just kidding.

Last edited by cyclezealot; 08-12-07 at 04:41 AM.