View Single Post
Old 08-13-07, 04:44 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by blackboat
Subject line pretty much hits the high points. Covered 3 miles in a little over 17 mins by the bike computer. Was hoping to make at least 20 mins, but my heart rate was up for sure longer than the ride.

Gawd, that was awful. I need to learn how to pedal with cleats; i"m just working on the down stroke; quads are jelly and I'm not looking forward to waking up in the morning.

At least I've started, but I'm not sure the first ride is the toughest. I'm not looking forward to the next. But 40 extra pounds needs to go somewhere, and it doesn't seem to be leaving sitting at my desk.

I did learn bike shorts are probably worth it. I even wore them to the grocery store later. Only because I was too tired to care what I looked like and changing would have taken more energy that was in rather short supply.

I figure if I can make it through two weeks, riding every other day, that'll take the horror off of it. I knew I was in bad shape, but until today I had no idea how bad.

Maybe I'll have some more coherent thoughts tomorrow, at least I feel like I'll get to sleep tonight OK,

Rob
Congratulations, Rob. Welcome back to cycling.