View Single Post
Old 08-13-07, 08:24 PM
derath

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Must have been the weekend of Lancaster prep. I probably just missed you Gurana. Since it was such a nice weekend I was determined to make up for an overall crappy riding year. My wife and I had a party saturday night so I took the kids to my parents for an overnight with the intention of biking home. I am not going to be too detailed 'cause I'm tired and need to get to sleep.

Anyhow, my ride home was great. I got started a bit later than I wanted, and there was more climbing than I expected, sorta. But the scenery was great.

Ride data here

Items of note:

1. I didn't bring enough water. I refilled at a Highs, but still ran out of water about an hour before the end.
2. I cramped up really bad about 8 miles from home. I literally kinda just had to fall over. Both quads tightened up to the point I couldn't walk. I just had to sit on the side of the road for 5-10 minutes and work them out. I attribute this mostly to #1.
3. College Ave is STEEP. After turning off Illchester it was like hitting a wall. I am not embarrassed to say I DID use my granny gear. Heck my front wheel was coming off the ground as I pedaled.

I got home, cleaned up and went out with my wife for a nice evening.

Sunday morning, I had to work in the Nursery at Church (every volunteers from time to time). So I biked to church

After that I continued on to pick the kiddies back up. Towards the end my dad called. He had just dropped his bike off at the shop and was a few minutes from where I was so he picked me up. I could have finished the ride but I also missed my kids.

Overall it was a great bunch of riding. Final stats

103 miles
6900 feet of climbing.

BEST WEEKEND EVAR!

-D