operator
cab horn

Bikes: 1987 Bianchi Campione

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by dynodonn
When I need to purchase bicycle parts or accessories, I will give the locally owned LBS the first opportunity for the sale. I go to LBS because if they have the part or accessory in stock, I can personally inspect it versus a picture online, buy it for a few dollars more, have it the same day, and help support the local economy. If the LBS has to order the part or accessory, then I purchase it online, since my LBS ordering time can take up to 2 to 3 times longer. I do not support my LBS with shop labor, since I can do my own bicycle repairs, but when I am at the LBS and just for conversation, I ask how large the repair backlog is, and the usual reply on the length of backlog time ranges for 1 to 2 weeks, plus I constantly see large shipments of new bicycles that need to be assembled on their floor. So my LBS is doing good business, and is not hurting if I make an occasional online purchase.
Unfortunately some parts are almost 2x or even 3x more than online prices - sorry no can do. I'm not a money tree. That's not to say I won't buy stuff from my LBS. I just won't buy it if there really is a much better deal to be had out there.