KingTermite 
On my TARDIScycle!

Bikes: Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roderage
hello seattle. i'm moving to seattle at the end of oct. with my girl and our three y.o. son. i was wondering if anyone has any tips on cheap livin', bike commutin', bike shops (not bike dealers). i want to find somewhere close to downtown (within 10 miles) since i ride bikes exclusively. thanks in advance....
Gosh...another one?

I just moved here from TampaBay in May.

You will find it much more expensive here (living wise), but pay is higher too though, so its a wash. If anything you make out better because outside of rent/mortgage, most other things are not thaaaat much more expensive.

I was here for a week doing "house hunting" - looking for a house to rent. I had no intention of buying until I "knew" the area. I got pretty lucky to find a decent sized house with fenced back yard for $1300/mo (Bellevue). Seattle might be slightly different (up or down, not sure which).

As for Bike shops, many people rave about Gregg's cycles. They have 3 shops I think, but their main one (I've never been to) is in Seattle I believe (PM Bekologist for info, he works for Gregg's).