View Single Post
Old 08-14-07, 01:47 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
I liked the looks of SKT's candidate, then I found out it carries a list of $180!! Wow! I would have never guessed that given that it is such a small light.
At that price- Definitely look at the Halogen lights.

You already have one lamp on the other bike- Get a spare mount for the LeMond.

AND I forgot to say it- But the most usefull lamp you can use on a bike is a helmet fitted lamp. I went to an outdoor Pursuits shop and got a Lamp that would fit the helmet. (Take the helmet to make sure it will fit) Then just get a cheap lamp to fit the bike to be legal. That helmet lamp I have is mutipurpose. First of all it will see round corners and not just where the Bars point. It has a spot that is good for 50 yards so is powerfull enough. It also has 3 leds. I led and I can see the controls and computer. 2 and I can read a map and 3 and I can see enough to repair the bike if necessary.

Admittedly my Use Exposure was a lot more expensive but that is for Offroad use. BUT The twin 10 watt Halogen has a life of 4 hours with one lamp and I could have bought 5 of these for the proce of the exposure--And to be honest- is just as good. The cateye in the pics is my spare on the bike and is the legal one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
lights.JPG (28.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg
lights lit.JPG (19.3 KB, 17 views)

Spike Milligan

Last edited by stapfam; 08-14-07 at 03:12 PM.