DEADBEEF

Location: Catching his breath alongside a road near Seattle, WA USA

Bikes: 1999 K2 OzM, 2001 Aegis Aro Svelte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Feldman
Also: old-looking, very unfashionable road bike with lots of rust and body primer on parts of the frame, unpainted homemade fork, old grocery-basket pannier permanently bolted to rear rack. I'll take my chances that any potential thief won't know the name "Helyett," and will think I made the Honjo fenders in my garage with a hammer. Camouflage bikes come in many forms!
That reminds me of the old SNL skit about the Chameleon XJ9000 or something like that. It was a car with rusted body panels from various random mid-70s cars, a wire coat-hanger retractable antenna, cracked front grille and missing hubcaps. On the inside however were finely appointed full power leather seats, luxury interior and a high-end audio system. The skit also did a spoof of the old Acura or Lexus commercial that had Jonathan Price rolling the ball bearing down the hood to illustrate the fit and finish... only this time, the ball bearing fell through a rusted out hole, clanked around the engine compartment and rolled out the opposite fender.