Old 08-14-07, 09:41 PM
Digital Gee
I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Without bad luck, I'd have none at all...

It's really getting discouraging...

A few days ago my daughter had a car accident and totaled the car I bought her four months ago. She tried to over-correct and ended up doing a 360 into a guard rail. She is okay, thank God. The car is wasted. In a few days, I'll learn what the insurance company considers fair value. I'm sure I'm out quite a bit from the "fair market value" I bought it for (Kelly Blue Book).

Today I was out cycling, and got home only to discover my bike bag was open, and the keys were missing. They must have fallen out. I check that zipper EVERY time I ride; I'm obsessive about it. Obviously, I forgot today.

As I waited for my daughter to come by (she was with a friend) to let me in, I began thinking about what else can go wrong since these things often come in threes. It was only then that I realized I'd also put my wallet in the bike bag -- and sure enough, it was gone.

Naturally, I had just gone to the ATM this morning and withdrawn $200.

Tonight I'm calling the credit card companies and so on. But what worries me is that I have business travel next week, and I don't know whether the DMV can do a replacement license that quickly. Their website talks about an interim license valid for 60 days -- but that's no picture ID, so now what?

I really, really need this business trip!

I am pretty discouraged. Nothing but bad news lately. I am grateful my daughter wasn't hurt, of course. But she starts a new job this week, and junior college next week, and I just don't know what's going to happen...

If I don't post with my usual feeble attempts at humor for a while, perhaps you'll understand. (Maybe even be relieved!)

Proud member of the original Club Tombay