Old 06-17-04, 03:20 PM
Raiyn
I drink your MILKSHAKE

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DocRay
Why? I had something to add to the discussion so that future readers could follow the thread after a search (like I did). Simply calling a thread "dead" makes no sense , the topic is still current and relevant. Otherwise, you'll end up with hundreds of threads with the same topics re-iterated, which does no one any good to get to info they need.
This is the first time I've ever been advised against this on a forum, and I've moderated a few.
That's why we have "sticky" posts. If the thread isn't responded to within say 2 months obviously it's relevance is no longer an issue. If someone wants the information all they need to do is do a search for the info, then if their question is unanswered then they started a thread looking for the information not covered. It's an unwritten rule around here that you let dead threads die. As far as getting hundreds of posts on the same thing anyway we'd get that even if we did keep old dead threads running

Last edited by Raiyn; 06-17-04 at 03:35 PM.