Old 08-15-07, 11:55 AM
MrCjolsen

Bikes: Surly Cross-Check, '85 Giant road bike (unrecogizable fixed-gear conversion

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Need help with some aesthetic issues regarding my bike.

This is my second "painted by first graders" build. There's a lot more color than the last one. So I painted the rack blue and went with blue bar tape. I don't know if that works or not. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Ideally, I'd swap the black stem and black bars for silver with a proper quill stem - a Nitto Technomic would work best for me as I could get the height up where I need it. (this is a fixed commuter).

But I like the convenience of the threadless adapter system. It's been trouble free, and I have a wide choice of stems in my garage and others are easy to find.

However, I don't like the black stem where every other component on the bike is silver. I'm wondering, though, if I swapped out the silver seatpost for a black one (which I have) would that balance everything out so I could keep the black stem and bars?

Finally, wheels. I got the velocity aero's for cheap. I'm not totally in love with them. The braking surface mainly, especially in the rain.

I have a black Alex fixed gear wheel that works fine. It's on another bike right now. But I don't have a matching front that's black, so I'd have to get one. Would that help balance things out if I still had some black components on the bike?

Or, I could ask Santa for some Deep-V Aeroheads. Color suggestions? Or would that look stupid?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_2676 copy.jpg (87.3 KB, 87 views)
IMG_2685 copy.jpg (62.0 KB, 24 views)
IMG_2686 copy.jpg (68.5 KB, 23 views)
IMG_2687 copy.jpg (96.4 KB, 29 views)