Old 08-15-07, 11:38 PM
moxfyre
cyclist/gearhead/cycli...

Bikes: Homebuilt tourer/commuter, modified-beyond-recognition 1990 Trek 1100, reasonably stock 2002-ish Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by NSJ
Irony: my years of bike riding, contributing substantially to my relatively healthy disposition and constitution, contributed to saving my iife in the precious first few days, when I was intubated and in a ventilator and experiencing ridiculous blood loss that had to be continually replenished.

I will someday return to riding my bike, again. The moron who created the accident will not deny me this, which is one of the great pleasures of life.
You have an amazingly upbeat perspective, given the horrible accident you've experienced! If something like this ever happens to me, I can only hope that I'll maintain such a positive outlook.

By the way, I would not consider your healthy constitution to be ironic at all... it's all part of the virtuous cycle of riding a bike. Riding makes you healthier, and being healthier makes you ride more, and... I'm just sorry that a thoughtless motorist had to come along and interrupt it for you

Good luck with your recovery! Hope you get a SWEET new bike when it's time