gbcb
J3L 2404

Bikes: 2007 Jamis Nova

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by freemti
Is it just me, or does this sound like a somewhat foolish maneuver? I don't ride in a truly urban setting like it sounds like the OP does, but I've done my share of weaving through traffic at stoplights and the such. If I think I stand even a possible chance of a)having to slow below the "threshold" point (no track standing for me I'm afraid) or b) the gap is a little narrow for comfort and I may decide to bail and just wait (I.E. stop) I always, always clip out my right foot (I'm a right footer clipper outer). To me it is a small price to pay for that extra level of safety should either a) or b) apply. Yes, it is slightly annoying to clip back in again, but if one positions the clipped out foot just so, it only takes a modicum of pressure to clip right back in again (at least it does with Speedplays )
Yup, it was a foolish maneuver. Actually, there were many parts of the maneuver that were foolish, and being clipped in was only one of them. Unfortunately, traffic patterns here sometimes put me in situations in which foolish maneuvers are difficult to avoid. In this case, not clipping out before entering the intersection was not a conscious choice, and it made further foolish maneuvers almost inevitable