NoRacer
Isaias

Bikes: Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FatguyRacer
My 2 lowly repeats were from the very bottom just past the bridge to the very very top past the Church. Something like .9 miles. Its nice to have a couple of less steep sections thrown in. My HR was highest on the 2nd steep pitch just past the bend to the left where it goes and bends back to the right.

5 times eh?

Your a better man than me. I was on a 36x27 and at the very bottom it was all i could do to keep the front wheel on the ground. I only did the 2nd repeat cause i had enough rest and time to forget how much the 1st one sucked. I think i averaged 6-7 mph for the thing. Another reason not to waste 15 bucks on H to H TT. I would probably go faster if it werent for the extra 30 lbs im carrying. I've got plenty of power, just need to up the strength to weight ratio. The first 50 - piece of cake. This last 30 is gonna take a while.

I remember the B race always killing me way back when becuase even then i was to 15-20lbs too heavy to climb real well repeatedly. Hopefully the shorter distance and time of the C race will be OK. I guess i'll find out.

Yeah, at one time, I was 200 pounds at 67 inches tall.

I started walking, jogging, running, then running road races. I lost 50 pounds, too. Then, after about 6 years of running, I overused my knees to the point that they broke down. I used the bike to rehab them, but now, my weight is up about 10 pounds and I have to go through extraordinary means to get down again (lowest being 145 pounds using ephedrine, caffeine, aspirin [ECA] stack.)

My gearing that day was a compact, too, but 2 less teeth on the small ring. I used 34 x 27 and I got out of the saddle for the steepest section and sat during the curve until it turned up again. Getting out of the saddle and leaning forward helped keep my front wheel down and I could press back and down on the pedals, as opposed to sitting and grinding the pedals parallel to the road surface. It worked for me.

See ya next Wednesday. I'll be in my "T-Mobile pink" Team BBC kit with a pink and grey trimmed helmet.

Pleasant Valley Road Race

Last edited by NoRacer; 08-16-07 at 01:01 PM.