tallard
Your scars reveal you

Bikes: My Brodie's dead, start hunting for a new cycle before March arrives

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Six jours
... I want to be "segregated" (is their some kind of Godwin's law for comparing bike lanes to apartheid?) whether I'm in my car or on my bike. I can only imagine the mess that results from a horseman getting smacked by a 60 mph Continental.

I just got a vision of the cow being smacked by the car during in "Oh Brother Where Are Though". And then also by the knowledge in Canada that when a car hits a moose, the driver is likely to die as the moose's legs get cut off by the bumper and the body slams through the windshield. Nearly 100% fatality rate to drivers in those conditions.

Very interesting your analogy to Godwin's law, I'd never heard of this before, I guess I don't spend enough time chatting. Wikipedia rightly states that overuse of Nazi analogies are bad in a historical sense. I don't think we're quite there yet with the Apartheid analogy, it just happens to be more part of my political timeframe. Indeed cyclists aren't dying in the same numbers as Black South Africans, far from it, however the rhetoric on paper WAS in fact that similar.