View Single Post
Old 08-19-07, 04:07 PM
mike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bkaapcke
Thanks to George Bush, the value of a dollar is falling through the floor. Imported goods are going up. And since when is $309 overpriced? You need to step up. Nice rides are $1500.00 and up. Many are 'way up', but they are wa-a-ay nice. Adult toys cost real money. Get with it. bk
If I could give George Bush credit for the falling dollar, I would thank him and praise him. The strong dollar is a big reason why so many jobs have gone overseas. Weakening the dollar will cause inflation in the short-term, but be healthy for the USA in the long-term.

OK, back this thread. I think that bicycles are still incredibly cheap. I remember "back in the day" (like in the '70's) when a good bike could easily cost $700. That was when a lot of dudes were making $2.10 per hour = That's 333 hours of work to buy a bicycle.

Today, even if you buy a very nice bike today with better components than ever for $1,200, with minimum wage at (what is it now - $5.15/hr?) = 233 hours of work at minimum wage. That's not bad.