Old 08-19-07, 04:59 PM
dadogg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by atomship47
"coolest" as in most well-ventilated.

i've been searching past threads on this and find comment here and there about models that have good ventilation. however, i haven't seen a thread that ranks or compares that aspect between models.

i have a bell ukon and its terribly hot. in your experience, what make/model kept your noggin the coolest?

Coolest, as both in cool looking and ventilated, go with Bell Sweep XC.. They have a Sweep R version, which looks nerdish. XC version is just like R but different colors and a visor. Totally different look.

I have a black carbon Sweep XC. $99 on eBay, brand new. It's excellent on ventilation. I still wear a skull cam, du rag, which I wet on long rides. The effect of both keeps me going in high temps and humidity.

Be careful with color selection. Black carbon is cool looking, but when climbing on the sun and your speeds go down to 10 mph, it's very hot. White rags and white helmet will reflect sun.

By the way, rag or hat instead of helmet is not a cool looking outfit at all. Especially a blue one. Helmet is a perfect accessory to make you look cool. The only thing is that it must be right color and right shape.

I tested Sweep XC black carbon, the other guy tested red one. Both are good in cooling cool on you. Combine with tight pants and muscle shirt to look even cooler.