Old 08-21-07, 09:00 AM
ricardo kuhn
Hacker Maximus

Bikes: less than I use to,, more than I need

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Avid BB7 are extremely well regarded on the MountainBike Freeride downhill community as a Viable alternative to hydrolic powered brakes, Actually as far as I know they are the best cable operated brakes in the market (necessary for STI/Ergo control type setups).

If you ever suffer from any over-heating issues, you can always increase the size of the rotors for more expose area (maybe not recommended by manufacture do to liability issues, even if is totally fine) just by getting a different brake mount adapter but keeping the same brake caliper.

ps: I grow up in the mountains of Colombia (very step and also long) and I suffer a few tube blowups over the years (never crash I don't know how) (Using scott self energize brakes and Scott\Mathouser agresive brake pads) that made me really paranoid about rims getting overheat (Use to carry tons of water, today I just have much better brakes).

PsII: The SRAM Corporation is great in terms of warranty replacements (I don't know in Italy) if any part ever fail, melt or suffer any damage.