Old 08-22-07, 11:57 AM
RWTD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's a link to a blog post that explains and illustrates the A1A bike lane/right of way issue in PBC in more detail that I even realized.So while it appears the affluent oceanfront homeowners are actually encrouching significant right of way for their own private use,I still am happy with things the way they are.While I would not object to a slight shoulder being added to the existing roadway as part of any resurfacing/widening,if they claimed all the right of way(to the fire hydrant in the 2nd picture)for bike/multiuse paths etc., I would have to agree that it would detract from the character of the area and look rather tacky.Anyway, I would rather share the roadway with vehicles than bike paths with walkers/joggers/skaters etc., such as exists through Boca at present.And ,given the amounts those homeowners are likely paying in property taxes already I am sure the local officials have no problem conceding the right of way use to keep them happy.And,I understand they are planning to put bike lanes in through the public beach area in Delray where due to the circus atmosphere and street side parking for the beach the lanes could be useful.

http://flabikes.blogspot.com/2007/08...route-a1a.html

Last edited by RWTD; 08-22-07 at 12:36 PM.