View Single Post
Old 08-22-07, 05:12 PM
hr2510

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by moodster
I love the fenders - where did you get those?

I'm wondering about the "fit" of the bike for my wife and I... could you measure the top tube length and the seat tube length for the stoker and captain? With that I could determine if the bike would work for us... unfortunately none of the retail stores around here carry tandems.

Thanks,
David
I got all the "add-ons" from Bike parts USA http://www.bikepartsusa.com/product_...&p=01%2D105626 I've made a couple of orders with them and had good service. The fenders are universal and I had to notch the rear fender for chain clearance and fit. I didn't notice the bad fit until after I took the pictures. It's better now. The stand-over heights are 29 inches front and 20 inches rear. The front top tube is 21" the rear is 25-1/2". Front seat tube is 18" and the rear is 16" both measured from crank center to the top of the tube. If you haven't ridden a tandem you might check the LBS for a rental or check Craiglist for a cheap one to try out. We picked up our first one for free off CL. It's just a old clunker but it let us see if we liked being "Twogether" or not. We ordered this one from Wally World sight unseen but are pleased with it. Just keep in mind it's from a Chinese sweat shop and is on the bottom of the quality scale. With good maintenance though it should provide many years of fun.