View Single Post
Old 08-23-07, 08:21 AM
p1jrevely

Bikes: 2007 Specialized Tarmac Comp & 2007 Trek FX 7.5 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I can see still needing to do a full body workout to strengthen, increase endurance, and flexibility. We have a Fitness Gazelle, one of those exercise balls that keep you off the floor, and dumbbells that I could dust off.

The diet will definitely be a work in progress. I’m so conditioned to be able to eat what I want. During my childhood and earlier years I was blessed with a very fast metabolism. Now that I’m older, less active, and have had desk jobs for the last 15 years, my metabolism has come to a stand still it seems. So far I have been able to control my portions. I have also cut back on eating very late at night or right before bed. For those have seen a nutritionist, was it worth the money? What did they measure for you? Were you able to see faster weight loss after seeing them?

On the saddle, I have started rocking forward and back more. I also stand now when coasting down hill. This has also helped out. I replaced my original saddle with a Bontrager CRZ+ HC Sport Saddle. This helped out quit a bit.

The bike was sized for me when I picked it up from the LBS. When I stand flat footed, the top tube is within an inch of me. They also adjusted the saddle height. I didn’t take the time for them to do the other adjustments. I came across a set-up guide and will try these suggestions. http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/fitting.htm

I plan on riding in some 25, 50 and maybe 100 mile events starting next season. Do you think the Trek FX 7.5 Disc is a good choice or should I get a more road / race bike with drop handles? For those who have had both types of bikes, which did you find more comfortable at those distances, hybrid or road bike? I don’t have a weak back and my neck muscles are very strong. (Holding your head up on a kart going 100+ mph will do that for you). I’m trying to decide if I should keep it (only had it for 2 months now) or sell it during the winter to get a road bike.

Thanks