bnet1
'Bent Brian

Bikes: Trek 1000, Rans Tailwind

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by srtraveler
Just retired from the VA Hospital here in Albuquerque. I'm 62 and have been intermittently biking for many years. Did my first century in '74. I'm planning to do the Transamerica--OR to VA--starting this August. I have a Univega MTB that I've modified here and there. I'll be towing a Yak. Currently taking 20-50 mile training rides in the area with 40# on the Yak. I want to do an on the road journal. Pocketmail, Dell PDA with a folding keyboard and cell phone are some considerations. I also have a laptop and hard case and could carry that. Self supported with camping and cooking 3 out of 4 is my plan. I've found lots of on line journals with CrazyGuyonaBike the best so far. Any advice, comments or suggestions will be appreciated. The picture is my rig while on a training ride here in ABQ.
Wow, It's been a long time since I've seen the Sandias! My wife and I own some property in the Moriarty area that we plan to retire to. A picture like that makes me want to go "home" so bad (originally from Wash State but NM has always felt truly like "home"). Living in Ohio at the moment though. I currently am doing some commuting on my new recumbent. Enjoying it a lot. Good luck on your training and tour! Welcome to the forums!

'bent Brian