Old 08-24-07, 04:30 AM
chele519

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by freako
Cygolite use to make a 6 D battery powered unit called the Metro that had 12 or 13 watts (can't remember which) but their web site no longer lists it so it's probably out of production, but you might still find it on Amazon or E-Bay. This light used 2 beams instead of one like the Sport 50. The first beam was a 6 (6.5?) watt flood while the other was a 6 (6.5?) watt spot and could run up to 6 hours on low. One of the posters here had one but can't remember who that was either. Regardless this light could also be upgraded to the next brighter bulbs that Cygo carries, but more wattage means less battery life.

I have the Cygo NiMh Xtra dual beam light that has 16 watts and uses a recharge system. I opted for this light because it had more power plus it can still run for up to 6 hours on low.

I prefer dual beam lights over single beam lights because if a bulb burns out on a ride with a single beam light your suddenly riding in the dark, with a dual beam you simply switch on the other beam and continue to ride in safety.
This was the one I got. It just came last night and I got a chance to try it out this morning. I have to say I'm a little disappointed. From the reviews I read, I thought it would be brighter. The sky was starting to get light though so maybe that was why it didn't show up that well. When I turned it off, I didn't even notice any difference on the ground. But I also had the Blackburn Quadrant on and I could see that flashing at stop signs even in daylight. Only downside to that is on strobe it screws up my computer. Made the mph and overall miles increase a lot. I like the dual beams because of the spot and the flood. I'm going to research making my own with 2 20 watt bulbs and I'll keep this for a helmet light. I like the comment I read somewhere on here about the helmet light helping to keep cars from pulling out since you can look right at them.