Old 08-25-07, 06:01 PM
aikigreg
Recumbent Ninja

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You know, it's funny how you can do just about everything right, and a plan still doesn't come to fruition.

My big problem were the last 6 weeks I was out of town up north with very little riding while I was away, and then come back to the heat and humidity here and only get 30 miles worth of riding in to prep myself for HHH.

I *should* have had a time between 4:30 and 4:45. I planned to find me some good pacelines going around 23-24, and just stick with them until the smoother pavement the last 25-30 miles and then hammar down on my own. never DID find a line to suit me, so the trip to hell's gate was by myself at that pace and I hit the freaking wall. After that was the first time I got passed - when the pacelines finally started to catch up to me and pass me. After that it was a frequent occurrence The chipseal after that just took its toll, and I had to spend way too much time getting ice towels and the like. Ended up with a 5:10 for the hundred. It's a decent time, but I really should have been able to do much more.

At least I got to annoy Cuda in line buying some schwag last night, and came away with a 90 dollar bell sweep-r - TO MATCH CUDA'S!

We're OCP like dat.