View Single Post
Old 08-26-07, 08:08 PM
kungfugoat

Bikes: Cannondale 3.0 mountain

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ride on a combination of two-lane roads and bike paths here in Georgia. It's a 22-mile round-trip to work on a 16-yr old Cannondale Mountain bike. I leave shoes at work, but I ride with my clothes folded up in a backpack. I do that about four times a week because I don't own a car and the bus is always late. The first seven miles are scary because I have no choice but to mingle with serious traffic on roads with not much shoulder. In that case, I try to stay to the side, but visible. There's about two miles of bike paths after that. They're usually safe, but I had a crazy person in a pickup truck throw a beer bottle at my bike one day while I was on a lonely stretch. It busted up my tires but I didn't crash. I don't ride crazy and I stop at almost every stop light. It just sucks that most of them are at the bottom of a hill and I lose my momentum. Since there are so many traffic lights, I try to ride very fast to catch most of them. The trip takes about 45 minutes one way and I try to ride early in the morning before traffic picks up.