Old 08-27-07, 12:55 PM
TheJackMove
Insert witty phrase here

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Congrats to everyone who participated.

I agree, that was (as I knew it would be) brutal. I think the sentiment here is right on-it was too tough and too dangerous for the masses. I managed the 100 mile in 5:59, and I saw some nasty crashes along the way and heard about even more. There were definitely too many people walking, especially towards the end of the 40 and 70 mile rides. I also just filled out that survey they sent out this morning.

I have to say that I really loved the challenge, there were a few times that I also was wondering why I did not have a compact.

Did anyone else see the guy doing the 100 on a single speed? He was keeping up pretty well, at least through 50 or 60 miles, I did not see him after that. He kept passing me on the climbs and then I would pass him on the descents On one climb, as he passed me, I said "how ya feeling?", he gave me a dirty look and said "things are not going so well right now." Then I told him he was a wuss for not riding a fixie...he didn't seem to have a sense of humor about it at that point in time.

Last edited by TheJackMove; 08-27-07 at 01:10 PM.