View Single Post
Old 08-27-07, 05:24 PM
6bikes
3TooMany

Bikes: commuter '93 rigid 'Dale / atb '95 Trek 8500 / road '86 Specialized Sequoia touring/ 3 others that I need to find homes for....

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just can't seem to get on the bike...

I know this may sound pathetic, especially on this forum, but I just can't find the motivation to get on that first ride. I have a whole regimen planned, but it just seems too much right now (and we're having a hot August... oy) . It's all I can do to hike with the dog in the morning, and now to come up with the extra energy to ride as well.... it's just overwhelming.

There were times in my life, that I rode what seemed constantly, that I really didn't have much else I did other than work. It's not like I want to go back in time, no, I've come a long way since then, and I need to pick up in a new place. I don't care to ride with the club, I prefer solo, so nobody's coming to my door to get me out. I like to ride trail and road, both are very accessable right from my door, and thankfully, I dont have to drive to ride. But now that I live in riding paradise >> I'm so out of shape << it's just so sad. It just seems like a lifetime ago that I was so athletic, and I am at this point, completely exasperated, feeling so overweight and depressed, and I know it's all from not riding. My heart and soul are withered because of it.

I have come home from rides before -- when starting all over again on a brand new regimen -- and thought "Wow, that completely fixed whatever was getting me down! ", it feels so good, and I SWEAR I'm never going to stop. But then I do, almost the very next day. It all just feels out of my grasp right now, brought down to a dead stop by the law of inertia. Three good bikes to choose from and they all have cobwebs.

Can anybody dare or challenge me from here? I so wish I had cycling buddy who'd come for coffee 5 days a week and get me going, just to get me going would be all I need.

ps. I need to change my signature to "Save my SELF , one bike ride at a time"

Last edited by 6bikes; 08-27-07 at 05:52 PM.