View Single Post
Old 08-28-07, 08:11 AM
jbpence

Bikes: 2009 Custom TI Frame Road Bike, all 2007 Campy Record, Campy Euros Wheelset

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
amazing!!! another century plus some

saturday before last I did my first century. alone.

this last sunday I rode with the local club and did 110 miles. Its amazing how much easier this one was. It was a little cooler in the afternoon than the first century. I drank a lot more water. On the first century I my cushy relaxed frame roubaix (a triple). This time I rode my normally geared (double) racing geometry Felt.

i am glad the hills are not too bad around here.

Having folks to ride with made it so much easier. I only drafted a little so don't think that was it. Maybe It was the conversation, taking my mind off the mileage. Maybe it was simply the fact that I already had a century under my belt., and was unconcerned about doing another.

I did the 110 in a LOT less time than the first 101I think having others riding with me pushed me along better than I pushed myself on the first century. I rode 30 miles yesterday, the day after the 110 for a recovery. I'm really getting to like this... Doing it again this weekend!