Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1348 Post(s)
Liked 2,487 Times in 1,460 Posts
Originally Posted by jppe
Just 3 more weeks and weekends to get in some training prior to the pretty challenging Grandfather Mountain ride. Next to the Assault on Mt Mitchell and Mountains of Misery, it will be the most difficult 100+ mile ride I'll do this year. Nothing like the 13 mile climb up Hwy 181 and the last 2 miles at the finish going up Grandfather to round out the cycling season.......

I may have an opportunity to get in some shorter rides (30 miles) during the weekdays but the calendar is pretty booked with golf tournaments, kids sporting events and other priorities so the schedule will probably keep weekday rides to a minimum. However, I have some options on the remaining two weekends prior to the rides.

What type of riding should I do to be ready for the old man?

I can arrange rides that would be as short and sweet as a quick trip to the local supermarket, local organized rides or even toss in a couple more mountainous centuries or metric centuries with more climbing.

What would you do????

You are a very well informed, educated and responsible group so I know you will not lead me astray.........
Remember...your average riding speed is directly, not inversely, proportional to your handicap.