dzinehaus
uberNEWB

Bikes: Haro V2 [rip / stolen], PEUGEOT '93 SELECT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aeroplane
I think a LOT of folks can tell you that this isn't true... the knob at the end of road brake cable is larger that cable housing, and works fine with a cross-top lever alone.

quoting what I said earlier that you must have missed also...

Originally Posted by dzinehaus
Note, if you are just using interleaving brakes by themselves, that could be dangerous and could result in lower stopping power. I wouldn't know nor would I dare to use them without a TT or aero brake lever to go with them.
james_swift... interesting setup / use of the cross lever. Still you are using one lever as a bar end and another as the interleave.... think you can set it up to use only the cross levers on the flats with no bar ends or aeros ?

Just doesn't look safe to me, nor is it a mod that I would be willing to try regardless if many people have tried it before and say it works... cause it works it doesn't mean its safe. Even at that a 2 finger brake does the exact same thing and IS made for that type of setup as a stand alone (as far as I understood the OP) still seeing from that pic above the cross lever is still used as an interleave BUT the other one was converted to a bar-end.

Last edited by dzinehaus; 08-28-07 at 04:29 PM.