Thread: Fall....
View Single Post
Old 08-30-07, 10:25 AM
evblazer
Thread Killer

Bikes: Fuji Touring Xtracycle, Merlin Road, Bacchetta Giro 26 (Sold), Challenge Hurricane, Cruzbike Sofrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lil brown bat
I'm curious -- what's the deepest snow you've ever ridden in?
Alot deeper then any snow i've ever _Driven_ in. Usually when I drove, pre nokian, it was already plowed or just a few inches on streets that hadn't gotten to recently. When I rode I'd hit fresh snow or snow over previously plowed snow. The one nice thing about a front suspension hybrid was when your cruising along and whack a hidden pothole or hit some previously plowed snow you don't go down and when I did I fell in snow
As long as I could turn the pedals I'd try and ride in it I mean why not?? I love to show people you can ride in anything, well save lightning perhaps, and get through just fine. It took longer and I took a different route to avoid all the sliding cars but it was safer for me and my car at home hiding in the garage while I had one.
If the snow was up to my handlebars or something I would take the day off of work.. I'd ride around the block though or at least try. I have ridden when ever pedal stroke went into the snow.

I've ridden my bike a few times way upstate NY in Potsdam which got alot more snow then connecticut and rode it once after an ice storm that shut the school down for the first time in history. It was 2 inches of solid ice. Fun as heck but I'd _Never_ do that again. Absolutely the worst parts about texas and why I got rid of my ice bike so I didnt' have to look at it. No snow no ice. Just blazing humid heat, lightning, tornadoes and blah.