Thread: Fall....
View Single Post
Old 08-30-07, 12:25 PM
evblazer
Thread Killer

Bikes: Fuji Touring Xtracycle, Merlin Road, Bacchetta Giro 26 (Sold), Challenge Hurricane, Cruzbike Sofrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lil brown bat
Okay...so...a number? One feet, two feet, three feet?
I haven't seen snow in 3 years and honestly I never took anything with me to measure it. At one time I remember the weatherman had said we got 18 inches of snow if I remember correctly and then a few more inches later that day for my ride home. Most streets were plowed by then but some sidestreets I took were not.
It was over a foot at least. The top third of my pedal stroke I wasn't in the snow but going down I broke fresh powder. Don't have the bike anymore or anything to measure my new bike where I'm at with to be exact but that is at least a foot or more. There were some spots that I had to go through drifts where it was higher and lower but it was over my bottom bracket and my panniers were coated with it as they cut through the snow.

Would I do it everyday? Probably not but it would have been plowed at some point. Just make sure to do a good job cleaning off your bike when you get home and not ride your nice bike