Old 08-31-07, 04:38 PM
EvilV
Bicycling Gnome

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SesameCrunch

I bought it from another folder lover, and it shows!
Mine has been heavily abused in comparison. However, as it is a bicycle - intended for hard useage, I suppose that's to be expected. I hammered it around on a twelve mile ride with my 23 year old (middle son) today. he was on his mountain bike and we charged around some low traffic / traffic free routes. Boy did I work up a sweat. I must check the spokes. I crashed over some rather lumpy 'traffic calming'(*1) obstacles at twenty miles an hour - probably over twenty of them. Believe it or not, the lunatic municipal authorities around here, place three inch high obstacles right acorss the roads to slow the traffic in certain areas. These might be fine on slow moving vehicular tarffic, or fully suspended mountain biles, but walloping over them on my 16 inch wheeled merc is only ok if I manage to raise my arse from the saddle and run over them at about 16 mph standing on the pedals so that I save the poor wee thing some trouble. I didn't always manage to take the bumps like that.

So called 'traffic calming' is a bizarre concept suggesting in an example of the disordered thought processes of overpaid and under-employed municipal types that dropping a lump of concrete and tar macadam onto the highway, pretty much after the manner of a tank trap, will imporve everyones experience of using the roads because we'll all somehow be safer. Tell that to me when my bike snaps in half ya stupid municipal wallies!!!!

Last edited by EvilV; 08-31-07 at 04:45 PM.