View Single Post
Old 09-02-07, 03:01 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Scotland is a long way from where I am based so I doubt that I would be able to make it.

And unfortunately I have a prior engagement with a mentally handicapped rider on a Charity ride next week. He must be mental as He has requested that I do the ride with him as He wants to go on the back of the Tandem. He has done a couple of road rides with me but this will be his first ever event offroad and he will will not have any controll on where the Tandem is going. Might see if he fancies Offroad downhills at 50mph. Or see if he can tackle the Rough stuff where he won't be able to stop due to the depth of Mud.

And Subject to timing- Ventoux will be on again next year. Funny thing tonight is that I do not feel any tiredness or stiffness in the legs or body. Mind you- I am feeling hungry so perhaps I should have tackled the Gateuax after the Panini.

And another bit of history for you- The telephone box is one of the old style Red ones that were phased out about 20 years ago. It was felt by the local council that the new style would not be in keeping with the area so the old one was retained. "Old Style Red one"? This is an area of outstanding beauty(As defined by the Nature council) and it was felt that a red box would stand out and detract from the area- So it was painted a "Nice" blend in colour of green- I believe that it is the only Green one in the UK.

Spike Milligan

Last edited by stapfam; 09-02-07 at 03:09 PM.