patentcad
Peloton Shelter Dog

Bikes: 2017 Scott Foil, 2016 Scott Addict SL, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur CC MTB

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
A mini Pcadette

My daughter is 13, and starts 9th grade Wednesday. She has been running with the HS Cross Country team for the past couple of weeks. She ran her first race this morning for the HS XC team, a 5K road race. She clocked 24:35 over the rolling 5K road course, passing a couple of older girls, and beating the slowest girl on her team by 5+ mins. She really loves it. Can bike racing be far behind?

With any luck she'll stick to running.

I was only joking before the race when I told her that if she didn't throw up, she didn't run hard enough. She DID throw up a bit at the finish, so she didn't appear to leave anything on the course. You have to love that effort. I won't be making any light hearted suggestions like that in the future, she might take them seriously. I am very proud of her : ).

P.S. Her HS Cross Country team has finished #1, #1 and #3 in NY State out of 700+ HS Cross Country programs for athlete/scholar GPA statewide. The best thing about HS sports is what it does for the kids' heads. Hey, that sounds like what cycling does for bike weenies.

P.P.S. The fastest HS girl clocked a sub 17:45 time. Oofaaa some of those girls are fast. I'm not sure I could have run a 5K that fast as a 19 year old (At 19-121 years old I was only good for a 5:04 mile and 12 miles in about 1hr 19 mins, a 6:35 per mile pace).