Old 09-04-07, 10:12 AM
mike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by wahoonc
Mike,
I hate to admit it... But I actually have 4 MSR stoves at the moment two of them actually belong to my son and daughter. But I was overhauling hers and his is here for storage. We have the Whisperlite International (blowtorch style) the Simmerlite, the Dragonfly and a Windpro (butane cartridges) The Whisperlite was purchased as a replacement for the liberated Svea, but it is mostly good for boiling a lot of water in a hurry. It can be made to simmer by reducing the pressure on the tank, but then you lose the blow torch effect I like both the Simmerlite and the Dragonfly for general purpose cooking, with the nod to the Dragonfly. I bought the Simmerlite because I was familiar with the Whisperlite. DD bought the Dragonfly when it first came out and I have to say it makes an excellent pack stove if you aren't super weight conscious. Just to add to the mix for cycling I also use and have a Kelly Kettle, a Coleman one burner dual fuel (the one on the lantern tank) an Optimus 8R and an older military version of the Coleman 442...like I said I accumulate camping equipment. I may buy a Svea if the opportunity arises and the price is right.

Aaron
Aaron, you are RICH with stuff!