Old 09-04-07, 09:52 PM
Yen
Surly Girly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I knew it was going to happen sooner or later

I rode after dark tonight and was trying to be as careful as possible. I need a different headlight... mine makes ME very visible but not the road in front of me. The streets are lit in most places but I encountered a few short dark spots tonight. On my way back home I felt thirsty so I stopped for some water. As I started to ride again something didn't feel quite right. Actually, before I even stopped something didn't sound quite right -- like a cricket had hitched a ride on my back wheel. Anyway when I started to ride again something didn't feel right and suddenly I got that sinking feeling so I knelt down in the dark and...... sure 'nuff...... I could feel it -- my first flat tire. It was too dark to change it without my glasses so I walked the bike the rest of the way home, three long blocks, holding the back end up, all uphill. I had to change sides every few minutes to give each arm a rest (remember, I ride a heavy hybrid). So, tonight's workout consisted of a bike ride, a walk, and weight-lifting. Does that count as a triathlon?

Next purchase: 700x28 Gatorskins.