bragi
bragi

Bikes: LHT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JosephPaul86
I've made some great changes and stuck to them. I used to drive a F150 daily. To work, shopping, out to eat, and even built the 5.4L to produce more egotastical power.

This was till I moved in with some great people. My 23 yr old sister and her husband are super conservative people and motivated me to get out and ride more. Now I haven't driven my F150 for almost 2 months and thus its sold. It was costing me over $200/month in insurance alone.

On top of being car free except for the 87 Honda Elite scooter for longer/faster commutes, I have stopped eating animal by products except eggs/milk. I used to see those Peta videos and shrug it off. I guess I opened my eyes...nuff said. I have my asthma under control, peak flow at 600(highest ever for me)

Biggest challenge for me so far is that I was used to doing grocery shopping once every two weeks or a month..haahaa. I shop once a week and am looking at trailers. I still have my welder/tools so I might fab up something.

After all this...I find myself asking why i didn't do this sooner. Everywhere I have always gone has always been withing cycling distance. Ohh well

Nothing but respect for you true environmentalists and animal rights activist. I never thought I'd be saying that, trust me. I went from a motorhead ignorant republican Texan to giving a crap about the world and the affects of what I do. No offense to those republicans out there.

Chat over, just happy to find a place that some people might have similar stories/come arounds.
This is a great story. I just have a question, though: what motivated you to transform yourself, as a previous poster has said, from a redneck to a hippy of sorts? What was the "aha" moment that made you go from all-American pickup driver to scooters and bicyles? (And I've been to TX a few times; I can imagine there was a social cost to what you did. Respect.)