View Single Post
Old 09-05-07, 08:08 PM
rushlink

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I completely agree with you about this, but one thing still bothers me... Where are you going to put your quarter pounder with cheese, and a coke, if you are riding a bike? I would like to go through on my bike, but unfortunately, i'd have to sit down anyway to eat it. I guess going through the drive-thru would be an option to me if the lines inside where too long. But, they aren't usually too bad around where I live.

I've had quite a few car accidents on my bike, and i don't see the drive through as a threat AT ALL!; however, i do see driving down the road, holding a burger & fries in one hand, and a drink in the other as a problem, or even just pulling out of the drive-thru, into the parking lot. 4 of my 10 accidents have happened in parking lots, and i have had both hands free at the times...

Yes, it is dangerous in a car to be driving while eating, but at least you don't use your feet to pile fries into your mouth, you still have complete control over stopping the car if you need to, a bike on the othe hand, you need at least one hand free, so you can use the brakes, and even then, one hand might just lock up your back tire, and not provide much stability, or control to you as the rider, also, it won't stop you very fast.

~Rushlink