View Single Post
Old 09-07-07, 05:33 AM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Originally Posted by Theflyingdutch
Hi
I posted on my "introduction post" that I love beachcruisers, and have already built one, besides my first built bike (a lowrider). The second bike I built was this beachcruiser. I made it from scratch and did everything except bending the tubes. Here goes the sequency (aproximately 3 months of work):
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
I have three other bikes, but my favorite is a 1947 raleigh dawn tourist.
Soon I'll start working on a streched cruiser, when I can find another coaster brake. I also have a 1970's chopper, whith 3 speed Strurmey-Archer rear hub, with a really cool clutch like speed selector that deserves to be chopped and droped!
Lots of ideas, but no time!
thanks
I love the 'shorty' Cruiser frame you built but I needed to ask about the 'direct' path of the bottom cantilever tubes straight to the axle. Virtually all factory-built cruisers I've seen tie the tubes below the seat tube with either a bar or a panel. does this actually provide strength or is it more for attaching a rack or brake cables? Have you noted how it flexs if it does and what weight limits the frame could handle well? The reason I ask is that your curve geometry is mighty attractive and I think you should make an effort to build them for others. They don't look as 'large' as Nirve, more like a BMX sized frame, hence I call it 'shorty' but I really like it. The lowrider may have been a 'mistake' but the curvature is so sweet and between the two I really like your imagination and skill. I am very impressed. You should do more with your ideas!

Last edited by Rollfast; 09-10-07 at 06:46 AM.