View Single Post
Old 09-08-07, 07:03 AM
banerjek
Portland Fred

Bikes: Custom Winter, Challenge Seiran SL, Fuji Team Pro, Cattrike Road/Velokit, РOS hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Clarks
Well to me its pretty obvious when they whiz by you and yell something out the window in broad daylight or when they throw something at you. its pretty obvious to kind of see who the trouble makers are. the times i've almost been hit it has always been a male driver.
While I get harassed more by young males (almost always when there's a bunch of them in one vehicle), it's actually younger females that seem more aggressive.

People who harass you are often just trying to get a rise out of you. I consider people who are inattentive, have anger management issues, or not driving appropriately for conditions (i.e. can't see in blinding sun or just plain going to fast to react) to be far more of an actual threat to safety -- this group contains almost everyone.

My favorite demographic are probably the 50 somethings. Old enough to have a chance to acquire some sense and deal with most of the issues they have. Young enough to not be as seriously affected by health, vision, and other issues that make it harder to drive.