View Single Post
Old 09-08-07, 10:55 PM
markw
Steel is Real.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
<rant> Today on the amtrak, a bunch of guys wearing OCRR jerseys piled up at a stop sign. I was in front of them, and they were pacelining blowing stopsigns I guess. Anyway, I checked the mirror, they were a few hundred yards back. I stopped since there was an SUV coming from the other direction with his blinker on and he was there first. SUV gets partway into the lane, then I hear "stopping" from behind me, then I hear the sound of bikes colliding and some guy hits the pavement next to me. One of them starts going off on me for stopping. "Dude, you can't stop like that" Like I was supposed to blow the SS and face the SUV. I wasn't in their group, they were a good hundred yards back when I stopped and motioned the SUV to go, after all, he had the been at the intersection before me and had waited while the group in front blew the SS. So here we were with guys picking themselves up and myself and a moron in a shouting match about why you should stop at an SS. It still bothers me that these guys were blowing SS's and running lights to keep their pace up. They had done it earlier and went blowing right by me at a redlight, yet I still had caught them and passed them down the road, go figure.
I'm not innocent of blowing a SS, and do it quite often, but I do slow, and there's usually no other traffic at the intersection or approaching the intersection. These guys were flat out blowing through them in traffic. </rant>