card
Happy Rider

Bikes: Gold Rush, Moots compact, Bike Friday Pocket Crusoe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Inconsiderate bikers and mad motorists

Yesterday, I ovserved first hand why we, as bikers, sometimes have to endure the wrath of motorists. I was traveling north out of town on a road with a paved shoulder wide enough to be a four lane road. Three bikers were in front of me--not locals. One was riding on the shoulder next to the auto lane. The second was in the car lane having a leisure chat with the rider on the shoulder. About 20 yards ahead of these two was another rider in the car lane. We were on a curve, hence, we were in a no passing lane. Behind the riders were two automobiles and two eighteen wheelers. I visitors finally moved over when I was down to about 12 mph. and the single rider finally moved over just BARELY on to the shoulder and immediately pulled back into the car lane in front of the first eighteen wheeler nearly getting hit. From their kit and bikes, one would assume they would be experienced bikers; however, they may have had more money than biking experience. I think the term is "OCP?"

Anyway, it doesn't take many south ends of north bound horses to give the masses of riders a bad name.