View Single Post
Old 09-09-07, 05:34 PM
mtnwalker

Bikes: '84 Centurion Accordo RS, '06 Gary Fisher Marlin, '06 Schwinn Fastback 27, '06 Litespeed Teramo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did a 35 mile loop yesterday morning for the Ben Eckenhoff memorial ride. Old La Honda was part of it and it wasn't that bad. The scenery up Old La Honda was beautiful and reminded me of a tropical jungle. The ride up was pretty with narrow roads and the occasional steep parts to make one stand on the pedals. I did the climb in 30 minutes and 10 seconds. Not bad I guess for my first time up. We went right on Skyline and right on La Honda. It was a cool and fast descent down those two roads. That is until I noticed the exact turn where AlainP crashed. That made me tentative down La Honda but I was still able to keep up with my speed. Once down La Honda we continued on to Woodside, to San Hill and back to Junipero.

The streets were busy with cyclists and there were a couple other memorial rides that went on that day. This made the ride very enjoyable compared to my mostly solo rides around the Brentwood area. I've kept the map and might do it again nextweek.