Old 09-09-07, 10:22 PM
acoldspoon
fixed or bent

Bikes: 1989 Panasonic Track 4000, 2000 Burley Django (bike show prototype), 1980's Serotta Custom Criterium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by el twe
****'s got NOTHING on the original Binda straps.
Well, not exactly. Some Binda straps are great, some are mediocre. The Binda name refers to Alfredo Binda, a famous bike racer from the past. Bianchi Dino made a number of versions of Alfredo Binda straps when I was racing in the 1980's. Some were laminated, some weren't, some were wider than others at the buckle. I remember them being great straps twenty years ago. It looks like Silva may have taken over production of some of the Binda straps at one point. As I have no experience with Silva straps, I can't comment on them. It does seem as though some forum members have had issues with the Cinelli Binda straps and the Silva straps that resemble them. Reading about these troubles was enough to steer me in another direction. If you just want a pair of non-laminated brown Alfredo Bindas, they show up in New Old Stock condition from time to time. Though I would warn you to make sure the leather is still supple and hasn't dried out or rotted, which can happen even if they were never used.