Old 09-09-07, 10:25 PM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Bekologist
practice reading drivers the riot act, radical. it really doesn't do any good, but makes you feel more empowered. I like a few loud shouts of "learn the rules of the road" which I think imparts a question in even the most hardened anti-bicycling driver out there.....they might wonder exactly WHAT those rules of the road are.

as counterpoint, I've had drivers retort idiotically 'it's never been proven in a court of law' bikes have the right to the road, which is totally nonsensical. oh well
I'm pretty much with you on this one. Nobody is going to give you your rights on a silver platter, you have to assert them. I never agreed that you should act all sweet and girlish so as not to "give cycling a bad name." If a "motorist" gives me hell, I'll give it back to him. I try not to get too carried away, but, umm, sometimes....

I would not attack somebody physically, other than as a defensive measure. And I try to rant about their conduct and behavior, but leave their presumed personal characteristics out of it.

"Think Outside the Cage"

Last edited by Roody; 09-10-07 at 12:02 AM.