The Improbable Bulk

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Digital Gee
For that matter, is there a Big Darwin?
There is a Big Darwin, sort of... But I outgrew him long ago.

Now, as with many old farts, I will start off on a long interesting tale. Interesting to nobody but me, but interesting.

Many years ago my parents were divorced, and my father didn't bother to keep track of my whereabouts, and I was so young that I didn't even realize until I was 14 or so that the person I called dad wasn't even my real dad... flash forward about 30 years, and my younger brother looked up our birth father, and we met up with him at a large family reunion that they had every other year in the Seattle year.

As it turned out, my dad's name is Darwin, so the family would occasionally sit around and wonder what ever happened to Little Darwin... since they hadn't seen me since I was about 3 or 4 years old. So at the reunion, everyone called me Little Darwin, which I enjoyed immensely. Big Darwin stands about 5' 6" and weighs about 160, and I was about 6' and weighed 420, so I had fun with the ironic name...

Each reunion they have a fun little awards ceremony at the end, and the person announcing me called me up as "Darwin Jr" and I corrected her, and said "Little Darwin" so among the cousins, I am still Little Darwin.

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson