nietsmas
samoots

Bikes: Moots Vamoots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
harmon hundred ride report - 09.09.07

the bikeforums meet up time was 7am, and of course i forgot my sunglasses so i had to turn around, which made me about 10 minutes late. luckily, i found psimet, cylowe, and nvr waiting at the high school entrance so i was able to actually meet up with some forum members...

i have to apologize, but i forgot the name of the woman on the sweet pink project one trek and the gentleman on the new trek madone. we rolled out a little after 7:20 and were on our way...

the pace started pretty slow and nvr, cylowe and i headed out at a brisker pace. the scenery was nice as we rode through a couple lakefront communities and some hills.

the ride consisted of four 25 mile loops that met at a central rest stop. i must say, the rest stop was sub-par. the bagels were a bit stale and the gatorade and water coolers were swarming with bees.

after meeting up with the rest of the group at the rest stop, we decided to do the "hillier" B loop before the A loop to use our fresh legs to attack the climbs. Unfortunately, the A loop seemed to be a bit hillier (to me, anyway).

i ventured out solo on the B loop as my legs felt great and i wanted to ride at a quick pace.

for the A loop, i eventually ventured out on my own, but decided to wait for cylowe and (name of new Trek Madone). we caught a group of 9 riders doing a double rotating paceline TTT-style and basically just wheelsucked for about 45 minutes, which was fun.

for the final loop back to wilmot, i still had strong legs so i ventured out on my own again and even passed the water stop. i figured it was only 10 more miles, so i could just keep going. i did catch the 9-man group again and slid into their paceline for a few miles but eventually dropped them.

overall, it was a good ride. i enjoyed finally meeting the BF.net peoples and look forward to riding with you guys again. sorry i didn't ride more miles with you guys but my legs were just feeling too strong i guess.

my ride data:
99.51 miles
18.1 avg speed
5:30 total moving time

(my heart rate strap battery died early in the ride, so i don't have any data, but i assume my average heart rate was in the 140's-150s)