View Single Post
Old 09-10-07, 04:25 PM
sprintcarblue

Bikes: 2015 Rivendell Clementine, 2019 Rivendell Clem Smith jr, 1988 Mikado DeGasep, Custom Marino SSFGMTB, Marinoni Track, In Progres Clive Stuart

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Car free living, demographics

I've been very curious since I have been periodically searching this forum about the demographics. I love the idea of living car-free. But in all honesty, I grew up in a town of less than 100 people. (on a farm actually) and live 30 miles from a town over 10,000 and 3 hours from a city over 50,000. My friends and I have always been very into cycling (bmx more specifically), and exploring cities and everything. Now that we are in college, and graduating from college we are in still semi rural areas.

my question is, how many of you are actually in smaller towns, cities or rural areas? I really love country living, but I can't stay away from traveling and big cities, which seems hard when you live an hour+ away. It is damn hard to live without a car or know somebody with a car around here. I recently purchased a surly lht in an attempt to reduce my around town driving and more leisurely riding but I am not riding 80 miles on scary roads to go visit Minneapolis for the weekend.