View Single Post
Old 07-07-04, 01:32 PM
slvoid
2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM

Bikes: 04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mjdwyer23
Hi Everyone-
I'm doing a century on Sunday for the American Cancer Society ride and I was wondering what I should be eating these last few days before. I plan on eating pasta tomorrow and friday nights, but I don't know what to eat the night before the ride. I really want to ride well and plan on averaging 19 mph. Thanks for your help

Matt Dwyer
Eat what you normally eat just increase the portions by 50%. As someone cautioned, make sure you give enough of a window for the solids to pass out of your system that morning. Keep supplying your body with nutrients that are provide slightly less... "solids".. like have a bowl of oatmeal and a banana, some fruit the morning before. Pack some crackers and energy gels and keep hydrated. If you're doing it with a group of people, the century'll pass by like nothing.
The most important thing is not to feel like you have to go to the bathroom halfway into your ride.