Old 09-15-07, 05:44 PM
Retro Grouch 

Bikes: Catrike 559 I own some others but they don't get ridden very much.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1572 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 364 Posts
Mrs Grouch and I rode 10 miles into St Charles to watch the stage finish of the Tour of Missouri.

The pie was utterly disappointing. First we had trouble finding a cafe that served pie at all. When we finally found one they only had factory produced offerings. Then, I think, the waiter must have brought me turtle cheese cake insted of chocolate/peanut butter pie. On top of that it was over priced. They won't be seeing me again any time soon.

The Tour of Missouri finish, on the other hand was wonderful. They had big screen TV's so we could watch what was happening out on the course. It was neat since I'm quite familiar with the roads they were raceing over so I could imagine exactly where the racers were and the terrain they were experiencing. There was lots of other stuff, vendor booths and the like, to do too. It was neat. I'm really glad that we decided to watch at the finish rather than somewhere out on the course.

The ride home was also 10 miles and included the short climb here the winner made his decisive break. In spite of the not-so-good pie Mrs Grouch and I agreed it was a great afternoon.